Automatic collection of information
When you open the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website and Services, pages of the Website and Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding the usage and traffic of the Website and Services. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
Collection of personal information
You can access and use the Website and Services without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the features on the Website, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you publish content, make a purchase, or fill any online forms on the Website. When required, this information may include the following:
- Personal details such as name, country of residence, etc.
- Contact information such as email address, address, etc.
- Geolocation data such as latitude and longitude.
- Any other materials you willingly submit to us such as articles, images, feedback, etc.
Some of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website and Services. However, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources such as public databases and our joint marketing partners. You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on the Website. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including the following:
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Operate and improve our Website;
- Provide you with advertising and analyze the results, including from third-party websites and applications;
- Respond to your comments and questions;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you for various purposes, including the following:
- We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with developers, vendors, or other companies that help us operate our Website or advertisements.
- We may share information in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business.
- We may share information for other reasons as may be described to you.
If Scane, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Scane goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Scane may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.